Friday 30th July: This is Discipleship

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Scripture

Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

– Matthew 28: 18-20

Reflection

The main commandment that Jesus gave us is to love one another. How could I be a better disciple today by loving others?

Prayer

Loving God, I think you for choosing me to be your disciple and for the gift of your Son, Jesus. Help me proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel by word and by deed today and every day. Open my heart to the outcast, the forgotten, the lonely, the sick and the poor. Help me to love my neighbour as myself. Grant me the courage to think, to choose and to live as a Christian, joyfully obedient to God. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven,
Thank you for the gift of life you have given us. Thank you for the people you have made us to be. Help us to live our lives to the full.
Open our hearts to receive your love so that we, in return, can show love and respect to everyone in our school community, our families and our friends.
Send us your Holy Spirit so we can achieve excellence in our learning and do our personal best in all areas of school life.
May we always live, love and learn through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.
St Joseph pray for us