Friday 5th May: 100 Million Souls!

The theme of this school week is: Freedom.

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Reflection

The freedom that Jesus offers us is a free gift from Him. But it does require us to do something: we have to say yes to Him. Saying yes to Him can actually fill us with fear because we worry about what other might think of us. That fear is a sign that we are not free.

However, in saying yes to Jesus, we are not actually alone. Here is what is going on in Africa at the moment. You are not alone.

Prayer

Jesus, take away from me any fear I may have of saying yes to You. Help me to see that I am not alone in this world, but by saying yes to You I can enter into Your friendship along with millions of others people around the world who are choosing to say yes to Your love.

Amen.

Dear Father in heaven,

Thank you for the gift of life you have given us. Thank you for the people you have made us to be. Help us to live our lives to the full.

Open our hearts to receive your love so that we, in return, can show love and respect to everyone in our school community, our families and our friends.

Send us your Holy Spirit so we can achieve excellence in our learning and do our personal best in all areas of school life.

May we always live, love and learn through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.

St Joseph pray for us