Wednesday 25th January: The Conversion of St Paul

While the theme of this school week is Holocaust, it is fitting that today the Church remembers the conversion of St Paul. Like the persecutors of the Holocaust, St Paul was a great persecutor of the first Christians. Until he had an encounter with God…..

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Reflection

Spend a few moments thinking about how you may have persecuted those around you, whether through word or action, or how you may have been persecuted. As Christians, we are called to love one another and forgive those who persecute us.

Prayer

We pray for our own conversion from the persecution of others so that we can come back into a relationship of love with God.

Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.
St Joseph pray for us